Tuesday, April 12, 2011
My 7 Favorite Things (at the moment!)
Let's see - where to begin...
1. I LOVE to read - I'll read just about anything. Well, maybe not a medical journal or about stocks and bonds, but I'm a sucker for a great storyline! I mostly enjoy fiction and biographies and I just finished reading Water for Elephants. I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I know, I know! I'm a little behind, but I am bound and determined to read it before the last movie comes out so I can watch it in the theater. Which brings me to #2...
2. Movies have to be a HUGE favorite of mine! Just like books, there isn't much that I don't like except scary movies. I've tried to watch them several times, but I just don't feel right after I watch them. :P
3. As unhealthy as it is, cupcakes from BabyCakes in Kansas City is another one of my favorite things - YUMMY! I had their chocolate cupcakes with mint buttercream frosting served at my wedding and they were like a little bit of heaven! I think I'm getting a craving...
4. Flip flops have got to be on my favorite list. I think if I could get away with wearing flip flops 24/7/365 - I would. Wear them to work, fancy parties, and in the snow. My favorite brand is Havaianas - I've been wearing them since 2004. They are expensive, but they are the best quality of any flip flop I've every bought. I also did the math and figured that if I bought a new pair of black flip flops every year for $4, after 4 years, I would have paid for the Havaianas by then. I've had my black Havaianas for 7 years now, so I've now saved $12 (assuming I would have bought a new pair @ $4 every summer). Does any of this make sense or am I talking in circles? :)
5. My iMac definitely has to be on this list. I have been using Mac's since I was a kid - my dad is an artist that did most of his work on a Mac and ever since then I was hooked. I use my iMac for EVERYTHING - blog, documents, website, YouTube, music - EVERYTHING!
6. My puppies, Audrie and CoCo are also on my favorite things list. They are a beagle dachshund mix, which I've been told the trendy name is doxle. I treat them like they are kids (and CoCo can really act like a needy baby!). It's funny how their personalities reflect my husband and I's personalities. Audrie is mellow and goes with the flow like me, while CoCo is anxious and wants things her way, like my husband. Don't tell my husband I said that!
7. My last favorite thing is the television show "You Can't Do That on Television." This used to be my favorite show when I was a kid. It was on Nickelodeon and I have just rediscovered it on YouTube. I can't believe that I still laugh at Barth the cook and El Capitano. If you're a kid of the 80's and you've never watched "YCDTOT," go to YouTube and watch an episode - I bet it will bring back fond memories (of 80's fashion, at least!).
Well, I hope you have learned a little bit more about me - now I'd like to learn a little bit about you!
Thanks for stopping by!